Colin the Computer is the teacher in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4. He is a narcissistic computer who interrupts the Globe at the start of the video to show the puppets his digital world, and explains what activities the puppets can do within the digital world. It is considered by some that he is most dangerous of the teachers, trapping the puppets inside his digital world with no clear way out.
- "DON'T TOUCH MEEEEEEEEEE!"
- "Digital dancing, hey this is fun!"
- "Clever. A very clevery guy."
- "No, it's easy to be a clever smart boy like me if you can do it all digitally-y-y"
- "I can count to a fifty in the blink of my eye!"
- "In the digital world, there's only three things to do!"
- "I'm a computer-y guy! Everything made out of buttons and wires!"
- "And I can tell you the time"
- "Hey good question, but it's up to you!”
- "Inside my mind there is a digital mind!"
- “Great! Great news! Now, before we begin our journey, I just need to get some information from you. What is your name? Where do you live? What do you like to e-e-eat?
- "I'm a computer! I'm a computer-y guy!"
- He dislikes being touched. He may have Haphephobia, the fear of being touched.
- When angered, his hands become wires, he gains turquoise pupils with red veins on his eyes and a "DON'T TOUCH!" on his now green screen.
- If watched closely when he is screaming in his angered form, a little bit of blood appears at his mouth, and what seems to be oil below his eyes.
- Like Tony the Talking Clock, his official name was leaked by the creator.
- The Computer's least favorite puppet is Red Guy. He constantly interrupts and ignores him.
- This may be because Red Guy is uninterested in his "Digital Home".
- This could possibly be a reference to Notebook, as they also consider green not a option.
- However, red, blue, and yellow are the three primary colors, whereas green is a secondary color.
- In Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 4, he seems to mention oats a lot. An example is when he uses the printer to print a picture, he prints a bowl and spoon with oats in them with the text saying "Oats!" Another example is near the end, with a hidden dancing oats box is seen with the digital clones. This could have to do with the background people behind a kids show being greedy for money and just sticking their product everywhere, and Oats are Roys products as from one theory he is a food producer of grain based things. A lot of this is found in the Fifth episode where labels on the food on the counter starts with Roy’s. For example Roy’s Health Juice.
- Like Tony the Talking Clock, he can tell the time by pulling up a tab from the bottom of his screen.
- Some people think The Computer killed Red Guy, due to his head exploding at the end of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 4, but this happened as a literal representation of his ”mind being blown”.
- Despite being killed, Red Guy appears in perfect health in Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 5-6.
- It is unknown how The Computer can exist during the events of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared, due to the date, as seen in HELP, is '55, presumably 1955.
- Unlike most teachers that have no real reason to be sentient, The Computer's sentience may be some kind of A.I. program due to his ”digital mind”.
- The Computer appears animated by CGI in a cameo in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6. He is probably CGI in the cameo because his puppet form was too short. The CGI Computer seen in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6 is the same digital form from the digital world in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 4.
- Like Duck Guy, The Computer's voice is made with Auto-Tune, presumably to sing better or to make him sound like a computer.
- At the start of the digital world scene a clock with a black outline, red hands placed like a mustache, a blue face, and yellow lines appears. This is a reference to The Clock from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2.